Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The body

Welcome! This being my first post I have many things I could say, but I'm only going to explain the reason for my "unique" blog name. Driving home one day I was listening to Casting Crowns and the song that was playing was "If we are the body" the lyrics go, "if we are the body, why aren't His arms reaching, why aren't His hands healing, and why aren't His words teaching, why aren't His feet going, and why is His love not showing", then later it says "Jesus paid much too high a price for us to pick and choose who should come". Then thinking of Ephesians 4:15-16 "Rather, speaking truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up." This was so convicting for me to think and meditate on. Am I working properly to better grow the body of Christ in love? Am I speaking truth in love? Am I so selfish that I pick and choose who I think is "good enough" for me to share the gospel with? If I am honest with myself I would realize that there are times when I do, do this. In Ephesians it says that Christ is the head, I know that I am not SO important to where I am an arm, leg, knee, elbow, kidney, or ear. BUT, I thought that I am more like a fingernail to the body. I once lost a fingernail when I was in 7th grade and believe me, the hand/finger works better when it has a nail, but it can more than survive without one. So, I figure that I can contribute a lot to Grace Bible Church if I let the Lord work in me but, if I were to die, Grace could more than survive without a nail, they would just wait for another one to grow back. But, until that day, I will ask the Lord to help me to be humble, serve and love others, and to help to build the body with the help of my fingernail, ALWAYS remembering who gives me the strength to accomplish such a thing.
So, if you are reading this and would like to pray for me, please pray that I would keep blogging, that I would share what is on my heart and be honest, and that I would continually be HOT for the Lord, asking for forgiveness, seeing sin for what it is, and truly repenting of my sin.

2 comments:

  1. Katherine, I am super glad that you told me about your blog! I'm subscribed already, AND, look forward to being encouraged by your one fingernail (which is not true, by the way, that your influence is only that significant, but anyway), as long as it isn't screeching down the chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kem,
    Nice post. God has given all of us spiritual gifts and our job is to use them as He provides opportunity. Keep posting and be nice to your sisters:)

    ReplyDelete